Support services for participants
You will find below a list of questions that have asked by project participants or prospects, with the associated answer. If you can’t find the answer to your question, use the form below to submit your question.
Thank you for your interest! The ConnectEO community is continuously looking for SMEs and entities interested in developing their businesses in the Australian and Chilean market. The participation in the project is free of charge and companies will be selected through open calls. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to email@example.com for specific inquiries! we will be happy to assist you!
The consortium is composed of international experts in earth observation, maritime and agriculture sectors. They have a strong skill with regards to internationalization strategy with a conceived focus in the target markets: Australia and Chile. We can provide pertinent documentation regarding internationalization and our target markets, but we also organize webinars and trainings for a tailor-made support.
- Be a legal person
- Qualify as an SME according to the European Commission SME Definition
- Be located in an eligible country
- Member States (MS) of the European Union (EU)
- Former Members States of the European Union that are part of the 2014-2020 Multiannual Financial Framework (i.e. the United Kingdom)
- Non-EU countries that have joined the COSME programme: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo, Iceland, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey
- Be involved in the development and/or provision of EO downstream services/ products i.e. such as geoinformation services
- Be interested in (further) expanding your business into South America and/or the South Pacific (Australia and New Zeeland)
 This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence
- Check your eligibility here: Who can apply?
- Fill out the online Application Form here
- Send to the ConnectEO helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A declaration of honour (template here)
- A proof of registration of the legal person proving the entity is a legal person and part of an eligible country
<< Find out more details in the Guide for applicants here >>
Yes, SMEs that did not participate in the EoI can apply to the Call for Trade missions. The EoI was a first step to understand SMEs needs and to start the ConnectEO network.
The Call for Trade Missions is open from June 15th until August 31st.
Evaluations will be held in September and results will be given the last week of September
- Call launch 15th June 2021
- Call closure 31st August 2021 at 17:00 CET (Central European Time)
- Evaluation & selection period September 2021
- Announcement to SMEs last week of September 2021
- Implementation of preparatory actions for the trade missions start November onwards
- Trade mission along 2022 (indicative)
Any application submitted after 31st August 2021 at 17:00 CET will be automatically rejected.
Trade missions’ dates are indicative the due to the current sanitary situation of Covid-19.
Up to 1000€ per SME in the form of tickets/accommodation expenses for each trade mission.
A total of 20 SMEs are eligible for funding. 5 per trade mission. There are 4 trade missions in total: Maritime and Agriculture Missions in Australia and Chile respectively.
In Australia, the outstanding sectors identified, but not limited to, are:
- a) In the Maritime sector: infrastructure & shipping, defence & security, biodiversity & environment protection, renewable energies.
- b) In the Agriculture sector: crops monitoring, livestock, environment protection & disaster mitigation (i.e. fire monitoring).
In Chile, the outstanding sectors identified, but not limited to, are:
- a) In the Maritime sector: fisheries, defence & security (coasts monitoring)
- b) In the Agriculture sector: crops (i.e. vineyards), livestock, & disaster mitigation (i.e. earthquakes).
No. Participation may be in the form of research collaborations or commercial service deliveries or partnerships.
No, this is not a requirement to participate in ConnectEO
SMEs must have a seat in the European Union countries to participate. UK SMEs are eligible to apply/participate. Check all the detail about eligibility here -Who can apply?
SMEs do not have to be registered on the Participant Portal or have a PIC. They must be an SME by the EC definition and be registered in a COSME Country : check all the detail about eligibility here-Who can apply?
A ConnectEO Trade Mission is an international trip to Australia and/or Chile where the selected applicants will travel together as a delegation each with either a maritime and/or an agricultural theme. Each Trade Mission will be associated to a relevant anchor event taking place in the country of destination. These four missions are divided in two: Australia (10 SMEs) and Chile (10 SMEs).
Yes. The ConnectEO project will support the needs of the companies, so if they are targeting both markets, they must submit one application per country. They will be allowed to apply to participate in the internationalisation activities in both countries. Nevertheless, the evaluators will prioritize the best candidates and their strategy for each country.
As long as the company is registered in Europe and complies with the eligibility criteria stated in the Call, the nationality of the founder is not an issue.